Effective Date: July 31, 2022
Your privacy is important to us. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information collected from you across this website and other sites we own and operate
1. Information We Collect
When you visit our website, servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
Also data about the device you’re using to access our website might be collected. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and geo-location data. What is collected can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. It is recommended checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to me.
We may ask for personal information, such as your:
2. Legal Bases for Processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. When collected and processed information about you is only where we have legal basis for doing so. The legal basis depends on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we will collect and use your information only where:
- It’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from me);
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote my services, and to protect my legal rights and interests;
- You give me consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to me sending you my super fun newsletter); or
- It is needed to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
Personal information is never kept for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
3. Collection & Use of Information
Collection, holding, using and disclosing information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- To enable you to customize or personalize your experience of my website;
- To enable you to access and use my website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- To contact and communicate with you;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you; and
- To comply with my legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Personal information may be disclosed to:
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run; and
- Third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you.
5. International Transfers of Personal Information
The personal information that is collected is stored and processed in my home country, or where me or my partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
I will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where I transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
6. Your Rights & Controlling Your Personal Information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the footer link below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
Access and Data Portability: You may request details of the personal information that is held about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format will be provided. You may request that we erase the personal information held about you at any time. You may also request a transfer of this personal information to another third party.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the footer link below. Reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date will be taken.
Notification of Data Breaches: We will comply laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the footer link below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the footer link below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
8. Business Transfers
If these assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire this may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
9. Limits of this Policy
This website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
10. Changes to This Policy